Re-installing Report Server problem.
Jeff Prusinski
2008-07-07 19:25:00 UTC
After uninstalling the RS and trying to re-install it I'm running into the
following error:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Report Server (MSSQLSERVER)
Event Category: Extension
Event ID: 108
Date: 7/7/2008
Time: 3:08:26 PM
User: N/A
Computer: QNAUSBF-MOMQ04
Report Server (MSSQLSERVER) cannot load the Windows extension.

The installation fails with an SRS validation error and I can't continue any
further. I've detached and dropped the old db's, after backing them up.
Didn't help. Ran the SRS SQL validation tool and everything is good there,
(although my smtp server is a dummy value). Not much else has changed.

Any one else run into this problem?

Thanks, Jeff.
Aquila
2008-07-08 14:28:07 UTC
Hi Jeff,

When you uninstalled Reporting Server, did you run the ResetSRS.exe tool
from the SCOM support tools. This is a must if you are the reinstalling.

I have a post on my website about this:
http://www.aquilaweb.com/blog/index.php?itemid=32
--
David Allen
MCSE: Security - MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
Thanks, Jeff.
Jeff Prusinski